Thursday, December 23, 2010

Maidstone experience




It is the county town of Kent, 55 minutes away from London via train. It's quite small and quiet with the town center being the busiest. Unfortunately I wasn't able to see the nightlife, which weirdly it's on Thursdays.

My favorite place to be asides home/hospital was the town center (high street & mall), it had most of the shops you'll find in London and it wasn't all about shopping but window shopping :-)
Something strange happened  the first day I went to the center, this was after work 4-5ish. the center looked almost empty at first I was like maybe today isn't the day, but shops were closing as well. In my mind I was like really business is that bad that you are closing early, anyways I kept on walking and going into shops that were still opened, got carried away in House of fraser. I heard an announcement that the store was closing, took my stuff and headed to the bus stop. Not knowing how to read the time schedule I just sat alone at the stop. Sat for up to an hr  when I decided to ask a shop owner/attendant what time the bus comes he laughed and said love you've missed the last bus. Say WHat?!! LOL imagine this, buses finish running by 6pm weekdays & Saturdays & doesn't run Sundays. Used a cab home ha ha.

My weekends were mostly in London seeing loved ones, couldn't afford to stay back, most people that I got acquainted with don't even stay in Maidstone so it'd be a boring weekend. The weekend I did stay back we (students) were asked to work weekends which wasn't as bad as I had imagined, but going back to the house reminded me about how boring it was *everyone in the house works 7days a week*.

P.S: Tis the season to be Merry. Back in London!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great mall!

    http://themessenger-bag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails